Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The story begins

Well today Feb 29th 2012 starts the 1st day of this whole experience. Here is my story....

I have 2 children who are 5 & 7 who are my world :) I'm 32 yrs old I'm a wife.

Just recently I had a sleep study to determine if I have sleep Apnea. about a week or so after the test the sleep doc calls and made a appointment to go over the results. Yesterday my husband and I went to here the news.....I have it, a mild case but I have it, I stop breathing 7-9 times an hour while I sleep,

Ok so I ask now what? What do we have to do to fix it?
Doc asks some questions about my everyday life, then says...."this is caused by weight" I am over weight, and I need to loose at least 1lb a week, that's 52 lbs in a year.If I push more then that it won't work. I have to go for another sleep test with a mask to see how much that helps before I start using it at home. 

I have to use a nasal spray now because I can't breath out my nose.
I'll have to see a nutrition therapist to help design a special diet for me, and maybe even a personal trainer, yes that sounds great but really?? It's come to this for me to take better care of my self, how can I be a good mom and wife to my family if I have this stuff going on? Well I guess in some aspect I am being a good mom cause I am trying to fix this, and loose the weight.

My plan for this blog is.....I am going to weigh in every Wed morning, and I'll keep track of it here. Its scary to have my friends and strangers know the real weight but maybe this will help me stay on track.

So for the 1st weigh in I'm at........230 YUCK!!!!
If I loose the 52 lbs in a year that will bring me too 178....:) Here's hoping

Please feel free to leave any questions or comments (nice) not Bad....
Thanks for listening to my story



5 comments:

  1. I agree Julie - I think blogging will help you stay with it. You'll do great! I'm here to support you in any way I can :-) You should take before & after pics (a few along the way also). Not for your blog, but so you can look back at what you've accomplished a year from now. ~Wendy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so brave to be so public with this Julie. As you know I struggle with weight and mild sleep apnea as well. Sleeping with a CPAP is tough at first but you will start to wake up feeling rested and refreshed. You have my full support. Go girl! -Melissa C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I applaud you for putting yourself out there Julie. Weight loss isn't easy but you need to remember that it's a journey and you need to take it day by day, meal by meal. Good luck!
    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Julie, I am hoping your journey will help me with mine & inspire me to do the same. It is so tough to find the motivation & time. I am here for ya!!!- Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for your support. It's going to be hard but I feel like I know I can do it :)

    ReplyDelete

If you would like leave a message or comment, Please feel free to do so, I love Mail.....:)